Re: Hi! Do you have a 64 bit version of Groff for windows?

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: Hi! Do you have a 64 bit version of Groff for windows?
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2021 16:37:02 +1000

At 2021-04-02T17:16:28-0400, Cool Kiwi wrote:
> Hello! I am new to GNU troff and I would like to try it. But, when I
> went to download it, I couldn't find a 64 bit version of groff to use.
> Do you have 64 bit version (either old or new) of groff to download?
>
> Also, I see a bunch of files to downloads on your downloading hosting
> website, sourceforge.net. Which file should I download?
>
> Thank you!
> From New Groff User🐃

Hello from across the ditch!

I'm sorry to report that presently groff is unavailable for Windows;
it's supported in principle but we don't have any volunteers performing
builds.

If you're conversant with building GNU software under Cygwin or
MinGW--or whatever is in vogue among Windows users apart from running
Linux distros in VMs--maybe you could be that person!

Are you interested?

Regards,
Branden