Re: Modernising UNIX manpages.

From: Marc Chantreux
Subject: Re: Modernising UNIX manpages.
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 10:25:23 +0200

> Mhmm, what `pandoc` provides is quite nice, and I have successfully
> used it to produce technical manuals in various formats.

pandoc is vastly superior to all their concurrents (except Rmarkdown
which seems to be interesting but i haven't tested by myself) but the
problem is many people use other implementations that implements
incompatible subsets of markdown itself.

commonmark is a specification for markdown but doesn't fit the needs
of this project (does it fit any need but readme.md?).

regards,
marc