Re: Manual page sections shouting

From: Alejandro Colomar
Subject: Re: Manual page sections shouting
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 01:34:21 +0100

On 1/7/23 01:25, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
Hi Branden,

I agree with you that I'd prefer that section headings didn't shout at the reader.  However, I've waited to do such a change, because I'm not sure about it.  There's a good thing about having them in uppercase: references to them are also in uppercase, and that makes it easy to grep for them (I need to do that from time to time).

Do you have any opinion on that?

Also, when referring to the section within a page, would you refer in lowercase, or the first-upper-then-lower? Using uppercase is unambiguous, while using lowercase might need "section" next to the section name. Maybe it's not so easy to do the change.

Cheers,

Alex

--
<http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>