Re: Underlining

From: Dan Plassche
Subject: Re: Underlining
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 16:50:02 -0500

Copying the list as I replied to Branden only by accident a few minutes ago.

This should be the latest version of Werner's underlining macro:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2010-08/msg00017.html

IIRC it still has problems when output goes across multiple lines (becomes
continuous underline including margin and spacing from second line going
forward) and with underlining punctuation after the argument (workarounds
force an extra space).  I can confirm tomorrow.

I ended up preferring using the basic drawing method in the Groff manual
due to the punctuation issue.

Best,

Dan