groff

Re: Groff hdtbl tables disappear near the footer

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: Groff hdtbl tables disappear near the footer
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 02:59:15 +0100

> Here is another example where, when the table doesn't fit on the page,
> it vanishes and is not carried over to the following page.

As far as I can tell, hdtbl does not start a new page by itself
when a table does not fit, but invoking t*hm will output any
held tables.  The way you have set this up to be called from
pg@top will print the table, but you have to explicitly request
a new page with .bp at the end, or provide more running text
(not inside TBL/ETB) so that ms will eventually start a new page.

However, I think that in this particular case the problem is
not having the page length correctly set.  Can you try using
.pl 29.7c somewhere near the top?