Re: PDF hyperlinks working in Evice and xpdf but not Okular

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: PDF hyperlinks working in Evice and xpdf but not Okular
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2024 20:54:32 -0600

[self-follow-up]

At 2024-01-30T20:06:51-0600, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> I find that while the link text gets appropriately colored when
> viewing gropdf(1)-generated PDFs in both Evince and Okular (which I
> have handy), only in Evince do the links _work_.

I figured out the trouble here--PEBKAC.

You have to have Okular in "Browse" mode in the toolbar, as opposed to
"Text Selection" or some other thing.  This setting is persistent across
application launches on a per-document basis, which I did not expect.

So PDF hyperlinks in man(7) are working beautifully in Okular too.

Regards,
Branden