Re: man: EX/EE nested within nf/fi

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: man: EX/EE nested within nf/fi
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 03:21:15 -0500

At 2024-06-11T19:58:51-0400, Douglas McIlroy wrote:
> > I'd structure what you have like this:
> >
> > .nf
> > .EX
> > .EE
> > .fi
>
> .EX/.EE is too dumb for this.  Anything between .EE and .fi will get
> filled, which is almost certainly contrary to the purpose of .nf/.fi.

You're right of course.  My second episode of cerebral flatulence in one
message!  I was fatigued after dragging draft 1 of the resurrected
London/Reiser paper over the finish line and should have taken a break
(or not procrastinated doing laundry...)

> Mandoc's diagnostic is good advice.

Not for Alex's case, I don't think.  He really does want filling off for
all of his synopsis but also wants a monospaced font for only part of
it, so that he can indent and align structure members easily (without
resorting to formatter requests).

Regards,
Branden