grub-devel

Re: booting another system from running linux (kexec)

From: Johan Rydberg
Subject: Re: booting another system from running linux (kexec)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 02:06:44 +0200

Tomas Ebenlendr <address@hidden> wrote:

: Scripting and dhcp are both issues that we want in grub2. [...]

Have there been any discussion on how the scripting language will look
like?  Will it be a simple language, specific to GRUB2, or will it
some other language be re-used.

I would love to see a powerful scripting language, something like
Scheme.  But I'm not sure how usefull it would be.  Scheme is a very
simple, but yet powerful language that can very well be used for
scripting.  I'm not sure, though, that it fits into the context of
GRUB2.

~j