grub-devel

Re: Automagic command loading

From: Tomas Ebenlendr
Subject: Re: Automagic command loading
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 23:56:53 +0200

Ok, I think that common opinion is that autocmd.lst is better. So I'll
write autogenerating it and reading it e.g. in autocmd.mod.

I also try to figure out the slow point in this solution.

But I have folowing questions:

    1.) Should I throw away current implementation, or should there be
    a module with this implementation (e.g. autocmd_elf.mod).

    2.) I think, that having information about supported commands in
    module is not bad. I can write tool, to read it (and generate
    autocmd.lst from this information). Advantage will be following:
    User1 compiles his own module and sends it to User2. User2 will copy
    the module on proper location and run:
        grub-mod-read-cmds the_module.mod >> autocmd.lst