grub-devel

Grub and IR remote control?

From: Petr Tomasek
Subject: Grub and IR remote control?
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:30:26 +0100

Hello!

I've build microchip based IR remote control receiver,
that can wake my PC (it's connected via the RS232
and it utilizes the RIng line that can be used with
WOR capables motherboards).

Now the receiver knows by wich IR code was the PC
waked (it can be programmed to which codes to listen
or not to), so I thought it would be nice, if
grub could grab this code from the receiver
(it's just simple sending a command to the RS232
and reading the response) and choose what to start
accordingly.

Now my question: could someone point me, where could
start trying hacking? Should I use grub2, or grub1?
Is there some framework already, that I could reuse?

Thank's a lot!

Petr Tomasek

P.S. I haven't published the schematics and firmware
for the receiver yet, but I hope to do that in the
future.

--
Petr Tomasek, http://www.etf.cuni.cz/~tomasek/