grub-devel

Disk Boot Failure on cold boot

From: misnagid
Subject: Disk Boot Failure on cold boot
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:25:51 -0500

Hello,

I am using Fedora Core 3 (FC3) with the latest updates/upgrades.
Upon a cold boot, I receive the following message:
Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter.
A warm boot is successful with grub level 2 (grub 2)
grub-0.95-3

I have replaced the motherboard, an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe with a new one.
I have tried the latest bios 1013 for the motherboard as well as the
older one 1012.  I have tried a new booting hard drive.  I have
essentially tried replacing all the hardware, everything but I still
cannot do a cold boot.  I believe that grub is at fault.

Please assist.
Thanks,
Jerry