grub-devel

how do you boot from a GPT partition?

From: Carlos Knowlton
Subject: how do you boot from a GPT partition?
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:20:57 -0600

Hi,

Having a little trouble booting from a gpt partition that was made using parted. I have to use gpt, because I don't know of any other way to partition a 3TB disk (ie hardware RAID controller). I get the following error from grub when i try a "root (hd0,0)" :

"Filesystem type unknown, partition type 0xee"

I'm using grub version: 0.95
I'm using parted version: 1.6.15

Does anyone know how to boot from GPT partitions?

Thanks,
Carlos Knowlton