grub-devel

Re: fs/fat.c assumes that 0UL is the same for 32bit and 64bit archs

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: fs/fat.c assumes that 0UL is the same for 32bit and 64bit archs
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:20:58 +0100

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wednesday 16 February 2005 09:56, Omniflux wrote:
>> fs/fat.c assumes that 0UL is the same for 32bit and 64bit archs, but
>> it is not.
>>
>> There are four locations in fs/fat.c where a 32bit unsigned int is
>> set equal to 0UL. This causes warnings when compiling on 64bit
>> architectures as 0UL is 0xffffffffffffffff (64bits) there.
>
> Marco, did you look at this patch?

Yes.  Sorry, I forgot to reply after I got back. :)

The patch looked fine to me.  I have encountered this problem as well
on 64 bits archs but I ddi not test the patch yet myself, I can't at
the moment.

Because this seems to be the only way to fix this problem, I don't
think there are copyright issues and the patch can be applied.  Right?

Thanks,
Marco