grub-devel

Re: partition layouts - "root"

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: partition layouts - "root"
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:46:15 -0500

On Apr 8, 2005, at 1:39 AM, Marco Gerards wrote:

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

This should not be the case.  Not if both tab, ls, linux, etc work
from pwd. In that case you can cd somewhere and everything you use is
in the current dir.  And there are relative (../foo) and absolute
(/foo) paths.

The question is how to "ls" devices. For TAB, you could prefix '(' for
completion. For "ls", "ls (" looks very strange for me.

We could make a switch for this (`ls --devices', or `ls -d') or a new
command called `lsdev'.  If we do this everything will work like
expected, I think.

I think I like this idea a lot. It would also be nice if the various file-based commands (like cat and cmp) also looked at the current working directory as well.

lsdev (or lsdisk?) also makes a lot of sense to me.

-Hollis