grub-devel

Re: x86 serial support

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: x86 serial support
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:03:37 +0200

Omniflux <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

> Why anyone would now be using such a terminal I do not know, but if we
> do not mention the proper way to use such a terminal, or not to use
> such a terminal at all, I'm sure someone will try it.

There are also people using 286 computers, etc.  My opinion is that we
should focus on the most important things first.  That is vt100/ansi
support first.  If someone really wants dumb terminal support he can
explain why and he can implement it if it does not break anything
else.  What do you think?

--
Marco