grub-devel

Re: GRUB 1.91 on PowerPC ( FC4 ) does not find its conf file

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: Re: GRUB 1.91 on PowerPC ( FC4 ) does not find its conf file
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:51:36 -0500

On Oct 27, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:

ok printenv boot-device
boot-device           hd:0               (eth)

I then boot GRUB like so :

boot hd:1 /grub/grubof.modules

This may be the problem. Is that how you normally boot? What about "boot hd:1,/grub/grubof.modules" -- does that work?

This then results in the GNU GRUB  version 1.91  screen

grub> set
prefix=(hd)
root=hd

From here, please run the following:
grub> suspend
ok dev /chosen
ok .properties

I seem to recall that the Pegasos firmware has a bug that prevents "suspend" from working; if that is still the case don't worry about it.

Perhaps a menu.lst file is required ? The grub.cfg file is not found by default.

No. menu.lst is not a grub2 config file.

ps: I should note the simply hitting enter results in Linux starting
to boot but then a kernel panic occurs.

Are you saying this is also a GRUB problem? If so we will need some details.

-Hollis