grub-devel

Re: hd cloning

From: Carl Karsten
Subject: Re: hd cloning
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:45:18 -0600

partition (like hda1), and how it does not work. The text that it writes
on screen is useful to know if some part of grub was loaded, or your problem
is 'generic' (i.e. any boot loader will fail this way...).

Anyway, I'm responding to this, because I don't know where is the right
place for this question. This (development list of grub2) is not.

Something close to grub dev that I am surprised doesn't exist yet, mainly to assist in grub(2) dev: some way to display what is installed on a HD.

Are there some signatures or such that can be looked for? maybe in the new version of grub, the parameters could be stored somewhere for later retrieval, just for debugging both grub-dev and grub usage. Human readable would be great, assuming there is room.

Carl K