grub-devel

Re: Patch for successful compilation on FreeBSD Release-6.1

From: Jeroen Dekkers
Subject: Re: Patch for successful compilation on FreeBSD Release-6.1
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:10:29 +0200

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 10:28:44AM -0500, Harley D. Eades III wrote:
> Hello, I managed to work up a small patch for grub2.  She makes it
> possible to build grub2 on FreeBSD Release-6.1.  There is one thing
> I am not sure on. In configure.ac I had to move the lines which
> restore the compiler flags above the checks for _start etc..see the
> patch.  I would like as much feedback as possible.  Thanks. :)

The problem with the compiler flags should have been fixed with this
change:

2006-05-31  Jeroen Dekkers  <address@hidden>

        * configure.ac: Don't set host_m32 for x86_64. Also reset LIBS
        for the target-specific tests. Make sure that we also have the
        up-to-date target variables for those tests.

If I read your patch correctly you haven't updated to recent CVS
yet. Can you try whether this fix also works for you?

Jeroen Dekkers