grub-devel

Re: moving away from CVS

From: Johan Rydberg
Subject: Re: moving away from CVS
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:09:54 +0200

Marco Gerards <address@hidden> writes:

>> I agree; I think there are far better replacements for CVS. Personally I
>> would highly recommend mercurial, but I suppose everybody has their own
>> preferences. I noticed that Savannah, where the GRUB tree is currently
>> hosted, offers subversion support...
>
> I like subversion because it solves most problems, while I do not have
> to learn something new.

Subversion still does not track merges, which I think was the original
reason to why this discussion started.

Personally I would rather use bzr, but I know our maintainer does not
like it that much (because of the lack of commit hooks.)  But I
wouldn't mind switching to subversion, keep in mind that it will not
be any better than CVS.

~j