grub-devel

Re: Grub for ia64

From: Johan Rydberg
Subject: Re: Grub for ia64
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:15:26 +0200

Johan Rydberg <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyhow, when I get a few more minutes over I'll try to review your
> patches more in depth.

A few comments;

 * Would it be possible for you to rewrite kern/ia64/efi/startup.S,
   so that you hold the copyright for it?

 * Same goes for kern/ia64/efi/reloc_ia64.S.

(Or maybe it is possible to find similar code in for example GNU libc,
 that is already copyrighted to FSF.)

 * Most of the math functions in kern/ia64 should be available in
   libgcc.  Could you try to link it against "gcc -print-libgcc-file-name"?

~j