grub-devel

Re: update-grub2

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: update-grub2
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:48:09 +0200

On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 10:46:50PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Robert Millan <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > This is my proposal for a new dessign in update-grub.  As you might know,
> > update-grub is a script used in Debian to generate GRUB config file.  Over
> > time,
> > we've found that the monolithic dessign of that script made it difficult to
> > maintain and extend, and it ultimately has become bloated.  I'm
> > redessigning it
> > to be simple, modular and easily extensible.
>
> It looks great! It's simple and flexible.
>
> Robert, we could start to implement it on Debian side to start to grab
> "plugins" for other uses. We should also check what's the current
> feature set of update-grub and start a campain inside of Debian to
> grab the need "plugins" to don't have regressions for end user.

I think we should wait to see what upstream (CCed) says.  If upstream GRUB
includes this feature, then it's an upstream issue for the other projects as
well.

--
Robert Millan

My spam trap is address@hidden  Note: this address is only intended for
spam harvesters.  Writing to it will get you added to my black list.