grub-devel

Re: Booting MacOSX on powerpc?

From: Aaron Kerr
Subject: Re: Booting MacOSX on powerpc?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 11:00:11 +1100

Ahhh......

Only being able to boot in to one of the two OSes I run is a deal breaker. It's back to Yaboot for me.

Aaron

Hollis Blanchard wrote On 01/12/06 01:51 PM,:
On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 12:22 +1100, Aaron Kerr wrote:

Heya,

To support the development grub2 for powerpc I am testing grub2 from cvs two days ago) on my ibook (G4).

I have successfully installed grub2 and can boot into linux.

I have been unable to work-out how to boot in to MacOSX. When trying to use chainloader I get the following error message.

Booting 'MacOSX'
error: unknown command `chainloader'
Press any key to continue...

Hi Aaron, unfortunately grub2 does not yet support booting Mac OS X. I
was working on a loader for it a while back, but didn't get it working
and haven't touched it in a while. You can look for the patches in the
archives if you're interested in taking a look.

-Hollis