grub-devel

Re: GRUB 2 documentation

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: GRUB 2 documentation
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:24:13 +0200

shirish <address@hidden> writes:

Hi,

>      I see this bug
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=333516 about
> documentation , what is the status of that, we are waiting for grub 2
> to hit stable before the documentation is written or what?

Well, you can't write 100% accurate documentation now, but GRUB 2 will
never be finished (as in: software is never finished), so you do not
have to wait.  Better start now and improve as we go along.

Did you read the texinfo documentation from GRUB Legacy?  This is the
quality I am hoping for.  So not a manpage, but good documentation
that explains all features, etc.

Really, documentation is as important as the code itself.  I would
become really happy if you would be willing to work on this.  You
don't need many technical skills and there are enough people around
who are willing to help you, when questions arise.

Do you want to work on this?  It is a big job, but you can learn a lot
from this.

--
Marco