grub-devel

Re: Switching to git?

From: Amin Azez
Subject: Re: Switching to git?
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:21:20 +0000

* Otavio Salvador wrote, On 12/12/07 15:03:
Robert Millan <address@hidden> writes:

I myself have no objection.  I'd prefer svn, but that's not supported by
Savannah yet, and anything is better than CVS IMO.  In the event that we
decide to migrate to svn in the future, though, is there an easy path
from git to svn?

I doubt that you'll want to come back to SVN after you get used to
GIT.

I thought it was going to be hard to learn but it was really easy and
there's a lot of documentation about it available.

Git was very hard a while ago, but the porcelain (as it is called) is much improved.

Sam