grub-devel

Re: Booting into a different entry without changing grub.conf

From: Mark Ryden
Subject: Re: Booting into a different entry without changing grub.conf
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:07:08 +0300

Hi,

 I tried it but it did not work. could it be that I was wrong somewhere?
below is the grub.conf.

It was with  default=1, and I changed it to default=2.
I added savedefault=1 to the second error (see below).
I rebooted, got panic, again rebooted, and also in the second
time it rebooted to the 2 , and got again a panic
Any ideas?
following is grub.conf

default=2
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,1)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora (2.6.23.1-42.fc8)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.23.1-42.fc8 ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.23.1-42.fc8.img
title myFedora (2.6.23)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /boot/myvmlinz_2_6_23_1 ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /boot/myinitrd-2.6.23.1.img

title netdev (2.6.23)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuzNetdev ro root=LABEL=/
        initrd /boot/netdev.img
        savedefault=1

Regards,
MR