grub-devel

Re: Failure to embed core.img is fatal now

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Failure to embed core.img is fatal now
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:20:10 +0200

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 05:48:34PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> I'm also surprised that the code alternately uses dir and
> DEFAULT_DIRECTORY to calculate core_path.  core_path is calculated 3
> times in one function!  If dir and DEFAULT_DIRECTORY are used correctly,
> I suggest that two different variables are used for what is now called
> core_path.

Might be a remnant from when grub-setup mangled prefix?  I recently moved
this off grub-setup and into grub-install/grub-mkimage so that core.img had
the right prefix regardless on whether it was being loaded directly by a
multiboot loader or via grub-setup.

Or maybe I'm completely out of context here.  In any case, please take into
account that modifications done to core.img by grub-setup have no effect if
core.img is being loaded directly.

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What good is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)