grub-devel

Re: Endianness macros capitalization

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: Endianness macros capitalization
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:06:32 +0200

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 03:59:14PM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Thank you for testing!  We could do better with the bswap instruction,
> but it appeared in 486.  I think we still need to support 386.

Do we, or better yet, can we? I thought most distros had dropped 386
support from kernels and toolchains.

At least Debian has, and Debian isn't know for dropping old hardware
that easily. We even had libc5 toolchain until before the etch release,
iirc. :)

address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/