grub-devel

booting grub2's core.img from grub2 or grub-legacy leads to a double pre

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: booting grub2's core.img from grub2 or grub-legacy leads to a double prefix with mdraid
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 19:59:57 +0200

The multiboot code in grub2's core.img seems to be not correctly
working, if it's loaded from grub-legacy or grub2 when you use mdraid

As I already posted on Debian bug #487565
If the System is on a mdraid 1 so the core.img prefix is (md0)/boot/grub
then loading it from grub-legacy it becomes to (hd0,1)/boot/grub/

But now I tried loading core.img from grub2 with multiboot command
and this leads to (fd0,1,a)(md0)/boot/grub/
I don't use any BSD partitions just plain old msdos on Linux
The same core.img embed and loading directly with grub2 in MBR does work
fine.