grub-devel

Re: bug-grub

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: bug-grub
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 18:19:53 +0200

Hello grub-devels,

Am Samstag, den 19.07.2008, 16:06 +0200 schrieb Robert Millan:
> Hi,
>
> Marco and I had an interesting discussion about bug-grub today:
>
> 15:54 < marco_g> nyu: Actually, I rarely look at the BTS
> 15:54 < marco_g> The list is a better way to process patches, IMO.
> 15:55 < nyu> marco_g: bug-grub is rotting
> 15:55 < nyu> we should really consider a list merge
> 15:55 < marco_g> nyu: What do you mean?
> 15:55 < nyu> either that, or get rid of the BTS and bug-grub
> 15:55 < marco_g> nyu: I do not oppose to the latter ;-)
> 15:55 < nyu> marco_g: a BTS *is* useful
> 15:56 < marco_g> nyu: I do not see any email when people post bugs for GRUB
> 2, is there a way to subscribe?
> 15:56 < marco_g> That would make it more useful to me...
> 15:57 < nyu> marco_g: they go to bug-grub
> 15:57 < marco_g> Oh, I don't read bug-grub
> 15:57 < marco_g> It's for GRUB Legacy as I see it.
> 15:59 < nyu> marco_g: then let's dislodge GRUB Legacy from it
> 16:00 < marco_g> nyu: Good idea, please propose it ;-)
>
> So this is my lazy way of I'm proposing that :-)
>
> What does everyone think?

I'd like to bring that topic up again.
I just discovered bts-link [0], which is a nice python thingy to link
the Debian BTS with Upstream's ones, like the savanah one you use (well
better: you have ;))

I personally prefer the Debian way of dealing with bugs.
Everything is handled with Mails, but you have a Website where you can
check _fast_ if things were forgotten.
For you non Debian guys look at [1], that's the PTS (Package Tracking
System), you have a nice bug graph and if you click on the 2 numbers
behind 'All Bugs' you see all opened  and recently bugs (difference
between the 2 numbers displayed are merged and unmerged ones)

I really don't like to dig through the mailling list archives if
something happend with this bug and then needing to bring it up again on
the mailling list just that somebody of you look again at it.

I don't know the Savanah BTS but I assume with the discussion above
between Robert and Marco, I assume it can send mails too.
So please use it :)

[0] http://bts-link.alioth.debian.org/
[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/grub2.html