grub-devel

ATA update

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: ATA update
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 01:46:52 +0200

Hi,

One minute ago I committed a patch to improve ATA support.

The new stuff:

- It isn't very slow anymore
- It even works for Robert ;-)
- It works on QEmu
- The error handling significantly improved
- Added timeouts, so ata.mod does not endlessly wait for nothing
- Detected controllers are all actually used
- More random fixes

I hope that this encourages people to test ATA support again (at your
own risk) and fix things that are still broken.  An overview of which
hardware (chipsets) do and do not work will be very nice to have!

The next thing I will do now is split up ATAPI support.  I have some
code in that direction already, so you might not want to touch that
now.

--
Marco