grub-devel

Re: Windows boot

From: Viswesh S
Subject: Re: Windows boot
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 23:50:14 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message ----
From: Bean <address@hidden>
To: The development of GRUB 2 <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, 8 August, 2008 12:10:24 PM

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Viswesh S <address@hidden> wrote:

> [...]

Hi,

I think it's not related to ntfs, chainloader command read the first
sector, it doesn't matter what file system is used.

But I do remember a small issue with chainloader command of grub2, the
partition entry pointed to by %esi is not correct, I wonder if this
have something to do with your problem.

Hi,

Thanks,let me have a look at the chainloader command in grub2 and in legacy grub.

Could you let me know the issue which you faced in the chainloader command.

Viswesh

--
Bean