grub-devel

Re: Problem booting grub2: can't find fd1

From: Sander Marechal
Subject: Re: Problem booting grub2: can't find fd1
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 15:23:16 +0200

Sander Marechal wrote:
> When I boot I get dropped into a rescue shell because grub can't find
> fd1. The output of `ls`:
>
> (linuxvg-boot) (linuxvg-root) (linuxvg-swap) (hd0) (hd0,1) (hd0,2)
> (hd0,3) (fd0) (fd1)
>
> Thing is, my server has no floppy drive.

Thanks to Felix Zielcke it's now working. He made .debs of the gurb2
trunk from 2008-08-09. That version still has the same problem, but it
no longer forces me into the rescue shell. When grub starts, I quickly
see two errors that fd0 and fd1 cannot be found, but then the grub menu
starts normally and I can boot my machine.

I was running the Debian Lenny version of grub2 (that's 24-5) so
somewhere between these two versions there was a change that ensures
grub2 keeps going even when it cannot find some devices.

Will that change be put into Debian Lenny as well?

--
Sander Marechal