grub-devel

Page up/down keys

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Page up/down keys
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 00:10:55 +0200

Hello,

As we talked (Robert and me) in another thread, I'm thinking to add
support for Page Up/Down keys in Grub menu (if here, in the mailing
list, think that it's fine).

My suggestion for the exact behaviour is mainly the same that vim is
using. If you want to test how it would look in a menu, get a xterm,
resize to 6 rows (and many columns as you want) and execute:

seq 100 | vim -

I would implement the same behaviour (I'm thinking about which lines are
showed and where is the active line after pressing PgUp/Down)

I would add only one thing: pressing "many times" PageUp would move the
active line to the first position (vim is not doing it). So, when the
active line is on the first page and the user press PgUp one more time
it would move te cursor to the top.

Suggestions? Comments?

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x17756391
        http://pinux.info