grub-devel

Re: grub2 /boot on lvm on ubuntu - incorrect magic number

From: Andy Goth
Subject: Re: grub2 /boot on lvm on ubuntu - incorrect magic number
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 10:56:07 -0500 (CDT)

"Cameron Braid" <address@hidden> wrote:
> * root partition is a lvm device (/dev/mapper/Ubuntu-hardy64)
>
> beast:grub2$ sudo grub-install /dev/sdd

>From looking at the GRUB 1.96 sources, I get the impression that this command
>line should be:

$ sudo grub-install /dev/mapper/Ubuntu-hardy64

in order for grub-probe to see the abstraction as GRUB_DEV_ABSTRACTION_LVM.

I could be majorly wrong, and this may have changed between 1.96 and the
version that Cameron is using, but... I'm just trying to figure out how GRUB
works. :^)

--
Andy Goth | http://andy.junkdrome.org/
address@hidden,openverse.com}