grub-devel

Re: grub.elf? As in "How do I create that?"

From: Gregg Levine
Subject: Re: grub.elf? As in "How do I create that?"
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 21:33:11 -0500

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Robert Millan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 08:05:24PM -0500, Gregg Levine wrote:
>>
>> Hello!
>> You did reply on the coreboot list, however I am still working out how
>> to build the grub.elf kernel.
>>
>> First I need to know how to translate the kernel.img file into
>> kernel.elf since there is a kernel.img file but not a kernel.elf one.
>
> Did you pass --with-platform=coreboot to configure?
>
> --
> Robert Millan

Hello!
And that did work. Is this selection part of a wiki page some place?
If not it should be.

I simply created a boot disk using the available 0.97 boot images,
then copied the resultant elf image to the disk, and then stuck an
appropriately created menu file on that disk. Then booted the result
using Bochs. It, ah. worked.

Since this is GRUB2 not Coreboot, I'll save asking about the payload
library for there.
-----
Gregg C Levine address@hidden
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."