grub-devel

Re: Efiemu

From: Bean
Subject: Re: Efiemu
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 04:00:12 +0800

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM, phcoder <address@hidden> wrote:
> Naming problem fixed
>>
>> Usage:
>> First compile grub2 with this patch and efiemu runtime (in archive)
>
> Now it's compiled by normal make

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your effort, this could be the next major feature of
grub2. The patch itself is quite large, I only skim over a bit. Here
are some suggestion.

First, I notice some novel use of macro. For example, use GRUB_EFI to
wrap around efi calls, which expands to different prefix in different
environment. I'm not a big fan of macro, and this seems a little
weird.

Also, perhaps you should just avoid linux_efiemu altogether. The efi
linux loader contains some tricks that mostly make sense in apple efi
firmware, and it might cause hazard in bios environment. Besides, if
it's just for testing purpose, linux is not a very good efi citizen,
it doesn't even have a efi loader of its own.

--
Bean