grub-devel

How to add command's summary to command.lst?

From: liu Aleaxander
Subject: How to add command's summary to command.lst?
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 01:24:11 +0800

Hi, all.
I'm sorry to bother you again.

I want add something like the command's summary to the command.lst, so i found how the command.lst file generated, then found the file gencmdlist.sh. but unfortunately, i learnd nothing about sed before, but with night's internet searching, i finally knows how it works mostly, but failed to add the command's summary to the the command list file.

here is the reason why i wanna add it to the command list file.

I found that the command "help" will get all the possible command mod loaded, which is a waste of time, because there are many commands we don't even use, so there is no need to load it. But we need know it's some information like it's summay without loading it for humman's typing "help" (human type help doesn't mean will execute all the command displayed by help , but just to know what command's grub have or even forgoted it.)

so, i want add the command's summary to command.lst, with ther first command register. then humman can "type" help for getting all the command and the GRUB have but without loading it.  Loaded only when we executed it.

That make "help" behavie much faster.

Thanks.