grub-devel

Re: Interrupt testing

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Interrupt testing
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 13:32:07 +0100

On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 04:43:01PM +0100, phcoder wrote:
> Hello. Here is a trivial patch for testing which interrupts are and
> which aren't handled by BIOS. Can be used as a simple but not reliable
> test for boot viruses

Would it be feasible to make this more generic?  BIOS works with 16-bit 8086
mode interrupt handlers, others might have setup 32-bit interrupt handlers.

What would you think of:

  - Detect both 16-bit / 8086 interrupts and 32-bit ones.
  - Make it agnostic about what firmware instead of assuming BIOS.
  - Building it in i386.rmk instead.

  ?

--
Robert Millan