grub-devel

Re: Parser

From: Kevin Lacquement
Subject: Re: Parser
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 12:03:14 -0700

Felix Zielcke wrote:
> Am Montag, den 09.03.2009, 09:43 -0700 schrieb Kevin Lacquement:
>
>> Alternatively, is there a clean, portable way to make the C compiler
>> think that the grub headers are actually the system headers?  Or
>> possibly to replace the system header calls in the generated C code?
>> (Using sed or something similar)
>>

> gcc has -nostdinc to remove the standard search paths for the includes.
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.3.3/gcc/Preprocessor-Options.html#Preprocessor-Options

If we do that, though, we'll still need to create wrapper headers for
the headers that flex #includes.  Also, does grub depend on gcc, or will
it work with other C compilers?  I'd like to avoid adding a dependency
on a specific compiler if the dep doesn't already exist.

--
Sic non confunctus, non reficiat.