grub-devel

Re: Boot delay when using grub.efi on Mac Mini

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: Re: Boot delay when using grub.efi on Mac Mini
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:06:44 +0000 (UTC)

On 2009-03-11, Peter Cros <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Try the other instructions for MacBook
>

> http://grub.enbug.org/TestingOnMacbook ( recentlu updated )
>
> including bless --folder --file --setBoot
>
> (not --mount)

When I do that, it still goes through 15 of the 2-second
time-wasting operations, then it boots directly into OS-X.
I was under the impression that the --folder version only
worked if grub was installed in the default HFS filesystem.

Changing back to the "--mount" version of the bless command
results in the same 30-second delay, but at least it loads
grub.efi.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! LBJ, LBJ, how many
                                  at               JOKES did you tell today??!