grub-devel

Re: multiboot on EFI

From: uzer cheg
Subject: Re: multiboot on EFI
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:16:20 +0200

Vladimir,

First of all I'd like to say thank you for a quick feedback and development.

I  tried to apply your patches and test it on my Apple Xserve Intel 32 bit.
I've done following;

# svn co svn://svn.sv.gnu.org/grub/trunk/grub2
# cd ./grub2
# patch -b -p1 < ./uppermem.diff
patching file conf/i386.rmk
patching file lib/i386/uppermem.c
 --- it's Ok
 --- Than
#  patch -b -p1 < ./efiboot.diff
patching file conf/common.rmk
Hunk #1 succeeded at 503 (offset -4 lines).
patching file conf/i386-coreboot.rmk
Hunk #1 succeeded at 99 with fuzz 2 (offset -3 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 200 (offset -10 lines).
patching file conf/i386-efi.rmk
Hunk #1 FAILED at 80.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 103.
etc.

I would like to ask you for what revision of grub2 this patches where done?
Do I have to checkout any specific branch of grub2?

Thank you in advance.