grub-devel

Re: Data loss at savannah.gnu.org

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Data loss at savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:22:12 +0200

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It looks like savannah.gnu.org has suffered a data loss.  The last valid
> backup is for April.  Please see http://savannah.gnu.org/ for details.
>
> My git mirror git://repo.or.cz/grub2.git should be up-to-date, as it was
> mirrored by a cron job twice an hour.
>
> Since now having a repository affects out effectiveness, we may opt to
> switch to a git repository.  The git service is down now, but the status
> report says it will be restarted soon:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-users/2009-05/msg00023.html
I say we should go for git. It would safeguard us from possible future
problems with savannah as we can easily switch between different git
mirrors. Additionally the main argument not to switch to git was that
it doesn't give much benefit considering the effort. Now when it's
more effort to have a complete svn rather than git I think git is
better solution