grub-devel

Re: Fw: gettext support

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: Fw: gettext support
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:32:08 +0200

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 04:45:38PM +0200, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> If you want I'll add compilation po to mo to build system.

That would be very nice.  The build system part looks like the part that
would be easiest, but TBH I'm totally clueless on what would be the proper
way to do it.  Running the msg* commands by hand is the only solution I
could think of :-(

Btw, note that even without the gettext patch, translating grub-mkconfig
output already lets us fix some of the most visible strings (menu entry
titles).

--
Robert Millan