grub-devel

Proposal for GNU indent compatibility

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Proposal for GNU indent compatibility
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 12:37:20 -0400

Hello!

In order to encourage developers to use proper indentation on the newly
added code, I suggest that we accept the default style of GNU indent.
That is, the space after "!" should not be needed.  That's the only
difference I'm aware of.

Running indent on the code and then adding spaces after "!" is
ridiculous, in my opinion.  GRUB and indent are both GNU programs, it
should not be needed to do such things.

That doesn't mean that we should start reformatting the existing code.
Neither does it mean that it's acceptable to submit code that GNU indent
failed to format nicely.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin