grub-devel

Re: boot.img Fix

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: boot.img Fix
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 01:06:32 -0400

Quoting Pavel Roskin <address@hidden>:

    * change the minor version of the GRUB_BOOT_VERSION 4.0 => 4.1

I don't see where it's checked.  What's the effect of the change?

P.S. I think eventually grub-setup should learn to use ELF images. Then the boot version could be a discardable constant, and the locations of all data could be found using symbols. There should be no need to keep the boot version in the installed image.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin