grub-devel

Re: [RFC, PATCH] C99 format specifiers for fixed-length integer types

From: Javier Martín
Subject: Re: [RFC, PATCH] C99 format specifiers for fixed-length integer types
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 17:14:14 +0200

El jue, 23-07-2009 a las 17:48 -0400, Pavel Roskin escribió:
> On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 23:25 +0200, Javier Martín wrote:
>
> > With the reduced version of the patch I'm putting forward, such a
> > (hypothetical, indeed) change will only impact types.h, while otherwise
> > many source files will need to be modified in a hunt for "%ll"s and
> > their variations. We can consider "lower" types safe since the
> > autopromotion rules will keep the compiler happy even if int becomes
> > 64-bit.
>
> OK, I'm fine with this change.  It would only address the problem we
> have now (long vs .long long for 64-bit types) without trying to
> anticipate what other platforms we may support.

OK then... what about this for a ChangeLog entry?

2009-07-25 Javier Martín <address@hidden>
        * include/grub/types.h (GRUB_PRIi64): new macro
          (GRUB_PRId64): likewise
          (GRUB_PRIu64): likewise
          (GRUB_PRIo64): likewise
          (GRUB_PRIx64): likewise
          (GRUB_PRIX64): likewise
          (GRUB_INT64_C): likewise
          (GRUB_UINT64_C): likewise

--
-- Lazy, Oblivious, Recurrent Disaster -- Habbit