grub-devel

Three question about grub2

From: J.Bakshi
Subject: Three question about grub2
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 14:19:11 +0530

Hello list,

I am collecting some toolkits in my usb-stick powered with grub2. I
installed grub2 in this stick from my debian squeeze box. During grub
configuration some question has developed in my mind and I might be
permitted to ask those in this list.

1] I am trying to boot the latest memtest86+ (v2.11) with grub2 as

`````````````````````
menuentry "memtest86+-2.11"
{
set root=(hd0,2)
linux /memtest86+-2.11.bin
}
```````````````````````````

but grub reports

````````````````````
zImage doesn't suppoert 32-bit boot (try with linux16)
```````````````````````

I did some googling with this error but haven't found any solution.
What does it mean and how can I fix it ?

2] In syslinux.cfg we use "TEXT" to display message. How to do the
same in grub2 ?

3] I have seen some distro has keyboard interactive feature in GRUB.
Like "press F2" for help etc. There should be a file with the required
messages to display. But how to bind it with F2 key within grub
configuration to make it work ?

I will be very grateful if someone kindly explain these. Also like to
know if any good doc is available.

Thanks