grub-devel

Re: Some ideas about new features of grub

From: adrian15
Subject: Re: Some ideas about new features of grub
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 17:22:58 +0200

Robert Millan escribió:
On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 04:48:56PM +0800, Bean wrote:
LUA integration.
LUA is quite powerful, it's more suitable to do complicated task than
sh script. For example, we can use it to detect os at runtime,
implement simple commands, or draw the graphic menu.

I feel similarly about LUA as I do about writable filesystems.  In fact I'm
considering a configure flag so that it's only enabled only when user
requests it.

But I know both Marco and Pavel feel strongly about this.  Please can you
comment?

I am against a configure flag (if configure is the one from configure, make, make install) but a configure flag (as something specified in grub.cfg) is ok.

adrian15
--
Support free software. Donate to Super Grub Disk. Apoya el software libre. Dona a Super Grub Disk. http://www.supergrubdisk.org/index.php?pid=10