grub-devel

Re: Mad idea: grub-fuse

From: Bean
Subject: Re: Mad idea: grub-fuse
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 18:07:48 +0800

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Colin Watson<address@hidden> wrote:
> os-prober mounts filesystems using Linux's filesystem drivers. This of
> course means that we have to go to special lengths to avoid replaying
> journals (we don't yet, but we should), we have to load huge piles of
> filesystem modules, etc.
>
> Today's crazy idea was to implement a FUSE wrapper for grub-fstest,
> thereby providing a read-only filesystem mount using GRUB's filesystem
> drivers. There would be lots of things you probably wouldn't be able to
> do this way, but it would be enough to support os-prober (which could of
> course only use this optionally, but even so).
>
> I can't decide whether or not this is a terrible idea, so I'm sending
> mail in case somebody thinks it's a good idea and wants to run with it.
> :-)

Hi,

Actually I've considered this before. My goal is to add a mini FUSE fs
interface so that it can have read/write support in grub2 ! Of course,
the startup fs modules are still read-only, but after entering normal
mode, users can switch to the fuse driver for more functionality.

--
Bean

gitgrub home: http://github.com/grub/grub/
my fork page: http://github.com/bean123/grub/