grub-devel

Re: Grub2 and Efi (MacBook 5,1)

From: Stefan Bienert
Subject: Re: Grub2 and Efi (MacBook 5,1)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 22:12:09 +0200

> Hi,
>
> You can try my repo at at http://github.com/bean123/grub/, I believe
> it has some uncommitted patches for the EFI platform.
>
> You can use the following menuentry:
>
> menuentry "Gentoo Linux 3 NOAGB NOEFI"
> {
>     root=(hd1,3)
>     fakebios
>     linux /boot/kernel-2.6.27-gentoo-r8-n root=/dev/sda4 video=efifb
> noefi acpi=force
>     initrd /boot/...
> }
>
> loadbios is only useful if you want to use accelerated graphic driver
> for some ati or intel card, mb 5.1 has nvidia card, so fakebios would
> do.
>
> noefi is used to work around a bug in 2.6.27-2.6.28 amd64 kernel.
> However, if you use noefi, you must also use fakebios/loadbios
> otherwise the keyboard is not responsive after boot. But
> fakebios/loadbios would cause problem in some new mb model. If that's
> the case, you can try the 2.6.26 amd64 kernel without fakebios and
> noefi option.

Thanks for the reply. I cloned your repo to my hard disk, compiled and
now I'm at image generation:

grub-mkimage -o grub.efi acpi affs afs_be afs appleldr befs_be befs
bitmap blocklist boot bufio cat chain cmp configfile cpio crc datehook
date dm_nv echo efi_fb elf ext2 extcmd fat fixvideo font fs_file fshelp
fs_uuid gfxmenu gfxterm gptsync gzio halt handler hello help hexdump hfs
hfspbless hfsplus iso9660 jfs jpeg keystatus linux loadbios loadenv
loopback ls lspci lua lvm mdraid memrw minicmd minix mmap msdospart
normal ntfscomp ntfs part_acorn part_amiga part_apple part_bsd part_gpt
part_msdos part_sun part_sunpc parttool password pci png probe raid5rec
raid6rec raid read reboot reiserfs scsi search setjmp sfs sh sleep tar
terminfo test tga trig true udf ufs1 ufs2 utf video_fb video videotest
xfs xnu xnu_uuid zfsinfo zfs

But I get an error message:

grub-mkimage: error: unresolved symbol grub_get_datetime

Any suggestions?

greetings,

Stefan